KUALA LUMPUR — Persidangan Uskup-Uskup Katolik Malaysia, Singapura dan Brunei (CBCMSB)…
SIBU – The Malaysian Catholic Youth Ministers Committee (MCYMC) met in September 2017 at the Sibu Diocese Pastoral Centre.
After their meeting, they presented the following to the young Catholics of Malaysia:
1. All campus students and young working adults migrating from one (arch)diocese to another (arch)diocese are invited to “Check-in” with MCYMC via the ASAYO KL website: https://beliakl.catholicyouth.my/. This will ensure that you will receive pastoral care no matter where you go in the country. We also invite international students who are studying in Malaysia to do the same.
2. In line with the invitation of the Holy Father in preparation for the 2018 Synod of Bishops on Young People, the Faith and Vocational Discernment, every young person between the ages of 15 to 39 are invited to respond to the survey via the #talk2francisMY. You are also invited to respond to the questionnaire presented by the Synod of Bishops Secretariat. Submission for your responses ends December 2017.
“Jesus looks at you and invites you to go with him. Dear young people, have you noticed this look towards you? Have you heard this voice?… The Church also wishes to listen to your voice, your sensitivities and your faith, even your doubts and your criticism.” — Letter of His Holiness Pope Francis to the Young People on the occasion of the presentation of the preparatory document of the 15th ordinary general assembly of the synod of bishops.
3. The Biblical Commission and the Youth Commission of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei met in a joint meeting to discuss the Bible and the young people. From the deliberations and sharings among the arch/ dioceses, there is a call to all young people to increase their usage of the Bible in their everyday life and ministries.
4. The Asian Youth Ministers met after the 7th Asian Youth Day in Jogjakarta, from 6-9 August 2017. During this meeting, Youth ministers reflected on Amoris Laetitia, where all were further invited to be more aware of what is happening in our families today whereby Christian values have slowly been forgotten and how these have affected our young people today.
5. The next Malaysian Catholic Campus Students Day will be held in the Archdiocese of Kota Kinabalu in the year 2019. Look out for updates from your respective (Arch)Dioceses in the coming months.
6. World Youth Day 2019 Panama. The WYD 2019 Malaysian coordinating office will be the Archdiocese of Kota Kinabalu. However, pilgrims who are interested should contact their respective (arch)diocesan representatives/ coordinators as reflected in the poster that is currently in circulation. — Malaysian Catholic Youth Ministers’ Committee 2017, 24 Nov 2017, herald malaysia.com