International Internet Day is celebrated worldwide, every year on 29th…
KOTA KINABALU – The Archdiocese of Kota Kinabalu marked the 20th anniversary of the launching of its Vision and Mission quietly over the weekend of 16-17 Sept 2017.
A 9-minute video was produced by the Archdiocesan Social Communications Commission to commemorate the event for screening at the end of the weekend Masses.
The Vision and Mission chart the pastoral direction for the Local Church. This Vision and Mission are part of the Diocesan Organisational Pastoral Plan (DOPP) which was launched by Bishop John Lee at the Sacred Heart Cathedral on 16 Sept 1997.
The Vision speaks of the ideal Church the archdiocese wants to be – a caring communion of Christ-centred communities journeying together in faith, hope and love, empowered by the Holy Spirit in the evangelising mission of building the Kingdom of God.
The Mission (Archdiocesan Prayer recited on Sundays) speaks of the steps that the people must take to achieve the Vision:
- an on-going personal and communal renewal;
- a life of prayer nourished by the sacraments;
- living the Word of God, guided by the teachings of the Church;
- unity in communities, respecting the values of the other faiths;
- responsible stewardship of the environment, as well as;
- promotion of justice and peace.